Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dreams, Mantras, and Positive Personal Impact


For the longest time, I have kept a small notebook with me to write down my thoughts. Whenever something inspirational comes to mind, I write it down. It's sort of an inspiration bank. I deposit my thoughts and positivity to save up for a rainy day when I am down on my luck, or not feeling as wise or as happy as I'd like to be. It's those times when I reach deeper to remind myself of who I am, to remind myself of the inner strength I sometimes forget exists inside of me.

I am not going to lie- there are days when I just don't feel like being positive. We all have those dark and gloomy days when nothing turns out like we planned, when the world just seems to be crashing down around us like a symphony of tragedy. I found that I can either wallow in that puddle of sadness when it happens or I can use it to fuel my passions and my dreams. Pain can be a catalyst for something beautiful.

This is my mantra. Whenever I'm not sure what to do, when I am scared of change, or when I find out something that disappoints me, I remind myself of this. It helps me to see the bigger picture- my purpose in life as a single person on this tiny planet in this vast universe- I am but a spec in a sea of stars. There's a saying that it only takes a single drop to make a tidal wave. I want to be that tiny drop that can transform tears into laughter, heartbreak into happiness. I want to help people believe in their dreams and achieve them.

"I want to live in a world where hope isn't met with fear, victory isn't met with defeat, a world where truth exists, somewhere beyond we will see."

 Now it's your turn to go out and be that drop. What will your mantra be?

Send your fashion questions to be featured in this blog with a personalized style board and get your styling questions answered for free by a professional image consultant! 
Twitter: @selenamarie318  
or LinkedIn Connect with a message: linkedin.com/in/selenamarienorris
Or reply in the comment section below!
And please don't forget to subscribe or follow by email! There's a spot in the side bar! ------->

XOXO,

Selena Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...