Search This Blog

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Life Update: Happy Thanksgiving!

Today was Thanksgiving Day! 

Mr. Turkey, pulling a Miley.

For those of you not in the USA, Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday where families and friends get together for a special meal to give thanks for their life. 



 I had a lovely meal with some co-worker friends.


Our beautiful place settings, fancy silverware and all...


 The meal traditionally consists of turkey or ham (depending on regional traditions and personal preferences)...

Our delicious orange-stuffed bird, prepared by Richard.
... mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes (again depending on regional/personal preferences- we had both), bread stuffing, bread rolls and a few other sides!

My friend, Dee made this delicious salad.

I made apple-sage stuffing "cupcakes," of course! Richard re-plated it to a pretty glass tray, but I forgot to take a photo.
Birgit and her husband Richard were wonderful hosts and it was a beautiful, fun and festive occasion!

Birgit, with her husband, Richard (who tells the BEST story line jokes)!
My friend Kristin, matched the pillows and so I took a quick candid photo. Despite what she will tell you, she is very photogenic!
Birgit's beautiful kitty, asking me to brush him...
Time for a quick shameless mirror selfie! We just happened to co-ordinate (on accident). 
"Why aren't you paying attention to me?" he meowed... I finally brushed him and he was a happy kitty, purring so loudly!

Thanksgiving Day is almost at it's end, but I wanted to squeeze in a quick post about what I am thankful for.


I am thankful for a lovely day with friends today. 

Clockwise from top: Me, Birgit, Maria,Dee, The Turkey, Kristin
I am thankful for all the gifts God has given me: my friends, my family- especially my Grandmas and aunts and uncles, my pets, my amazing co-workers, and also my job- which gives me the freedom to do what I love. I am thankful for my imagination and for dreams and for hope and truth. 

All of the things that I am thankful for could not be listed in a single blog post. It would take many many books to list everything for which I am thankful. 

So I will just say this: I am so thankful for my life and I am so blessed. I am also very thankful for you. Those who read my posts give me something to be exited about and I love sharing my ideas and my life with you!

I thought I would share a few photos from my day. I hope you enjoyed them and I hope your day was as lovely as mine. 

A smooch for Mr. Turkey!


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


What are you thankful for?


Twitter: @selenamarie318  
or LinkedIn Connect with a message: linkedin.com/in/selenamarienorris
Or reply in the comment section below!
And please don't forget to subscribe or follow by email! There's a spot in the side bar! ------->

XOXO,

SELENA MARIE

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...your kitty is SO adorable!! I didn't know you have a cat. Also, everything looked beautiful and delicious. How did you do the stuffing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually that was my hosts kitty! Those eyes were positively mesmerizing!

    I only did the stuffing this time, so most of the compliments should go to them!
    If you want, I can post a blog with my stuffing recipe! It was my own creation! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...