Search This Blog

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Wishlist: Digital Cartridge for 35MM camera



I have a photoshoot coming up (yay!) for a local band and I wish wish wish there was a way to turn my 35mm camera into a digital camera with the click of a button. Right now I am forced to choose between using my decent but certainly not pro level digital camera or using expensive film and developing for something that I am doing for free to build my portfolio. It is a conundrum because I know if i use the digital camera I will have to spend more time editing. And when I don't use my 35mm I feel like I am cheating myself of some amazing photo because my digital camera does not have the control I would like to have.
 In many cases, you can tell right off the bat when someone is a newbie/ solely digital photographer (or has a cheap camera) because their images lack depth of field- usually that's because they have a cheap camera. 

So on a whim I decided to research if it as possible to find a film cartridge that would take digital photos.

I was super excited about the first website I found...



RE-35 conncts via USB

until I realized it was an April Fools joke that stayed up on the web. :( Apparently there was such an overwhelming response that they had to put a disclaimer up on the site to explain the April Fools joke.

Then I found this site which promised a tool to convert your old film slr into a digital camera...

digipod2

but the Indiegogo account funding the project didn't meet it's goal amount and the cartridge itself costs as much as a new digital camera might cost (though it would have been a considerably cheaper option than the higher quality dlsr cameras I am looking into).

I'm beginning to think this is like the photography unicorn... 

I think in the end, I will have to do a combo- take my 35mm camera and some film with me along side the digital camera and take a few photos with the digital for testing purposes and then try to fit in the 35mm for the final images. 35mm will give a higher quality image in my case and better control over depth of field and perspective. 

With the right lighting and composition I know I can still get some great photos on a budget, but I really wish this technology would hurry up and get here!


If you hear of anything like this on the market, please let me know!


Twitter: @selenamarie318  
or LinkedIn Connect with a message: linkedin.com/in/selenamarienorris
Or reply in the comment section below!
And please don't forget to subscribe or follow by email! There's a spot in the side bar! ------->

XOXO,

SELENA MARIE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...