Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Miss Cadie: My California Dreamin' Friend

This is my beautiful friend Cadie and this is her life...



We met in college in intro to sewing... at ol' Purdue University in our home state of Indiana...



We keep in touch via email and Facebook and funny photo messages...
She is my adventure buddy, the one I call when I need to cry, or laugh, or talk about riding the struggle bus (you know we all do it at some point!)...



She is hilarious! Having her there helped me get through many all-nighters in the fashion lab and most recently when I was recovering from a car accident when someone side swiped me, she texted me at least once a day to check on me and encourage me. It really helped me get through a hard time in my life and I am so thankful.

During college we made a (joke) pact that if we didn't make it in fashion we would move to California and become comedians (our jokes would be about failing in the fashion industry)...



But luckily, we both made it (and it's a good thing because I'm better at fashion than I am at making jokes)!

I moved to Ohio and then to Arkansas and she moved out to Cali to live her dream working in the West Coast active sports apparel and accessories business... Her life is glamorous and adventurous and full of fun like the Redbull Flugtag contest at Long Beach...




She gets to wake up every day and see things like this...



and this...



and this...



Even though we both come from this...



And we are living our dreams on opposite sides of the country...



I know I can always count on her to make me laugh or smile when I am feeling down...



Life is always a thumbs up, with Cadie!



Cadie lives a beautiful beachy life in California!



And I am so lucky to have her as a friend!

Also because she did this...


BEFORE Miley did it:

AND she's wearing a cool two-piece thing with CATS ON IT.

:P

That's trend setting, y'all! If you like this and want to see more of her fabulous life, please comment, like, and share so I can convince her that her amazing life is totally Kindred Closets Blog-worthy! 

<3 you Cadie!

All photos courtesy of Cadie's Facebook except for Miley, courtesy of Buzzfeed.

For More California love click here: 
or check out the style board I made for Cadie in July here:


Twitter: @selenamarie318  
or LinkedIn Connect with a message: linkedin.com/in/selenamarienorris
Or reply in the comment section below!
And please don't forget to subscribe or follow by email! There's a spot in the side bar! ------->

XOXO,

SELENA MARIE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...