Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Miss Inquisitive: Part 2

Miss Inquisitive: Part 2 CC Selena Marie Norris
This is what I've been working on since last night. I finished the line work today in between some evening talent management/image consultancy. I decided to make my "Miss Inquisitive" sketches into a series. I like playing with proportions, though it's surprising how much you have to alter in terms of shapes once you agree to modify proportions.

Miss Inquisitive: Part 2, Detail, CC Selena Marie Norris
 In this case the eyes, the head, and the left hand are bigger than natural. I also didn't make it a perspective type drawing. I just wanted to play around with proportions and textures (that's a sparkly sequin collar on a chambray shirt with a sweater and salmon suede pants with side cut outs). I am super happy with how it turned out.

Ever since I decided to approach my fashion sketching like fine art, my work has seemed like night and day.

 I'd like to give you a long blog about all the techniques I used, but it is late and the morning will come quickly! So, rain check?

Miss Inquisitive: Part 2, Process Photo of Sketch, CC Selena Marie Norris

I'll be posting the winner reveal and some new images from the artists in my September Artist Showdown. Let me tell you, these new images are worth coming back for! The contest was a huge success and I definitely plan to have one for October.

Miss Inquisitive: Part 2, Process Photo of Sketch, CC Selena Marie Norris


Hopefully I will finally get to publish the exclusive fashion photo shoot by some amazing Brazilian artists which I've already promised. Cross your fingers! Coming soon!


All of the above images are protected under Creative Commons. You may use these images in their current state for non-commercial/non business use. Permission must be obtained to use these images for any business purpose. Please do not edit or use these images in your artwork. If referencing these images in a blog, social media, or etc, attribution to the initial source (Selena Marie Norris) and a link back to this post must be included. Thank you.

Are you an artist ready to share your work? Contact me or share your information below if you are an artist or know an artist that should be featured.  If you are interested in participating please send me a message at one of the below links. Make sure to mention you want to be considered for a feature in Kindred Closets!
Twitter: @selenamarie318  
or LinkedIn Connect with a message: linkedin.com/in/selenamarienorris
Or reply in the comment section below!
And please don't forget to subscribe or follow by email! There's a spot in the side bar! ------->

XOXO,

SELENA MARIE

2 comments:

  1. I am starting to get a feel of where your work is heading, but cannot yet fully put my finger on it. Therefore, I will hold off commenting until I see more, though want to laud you already for the input and the effort of bringing back art to the drawing table instead of on the computer. The body needs its due (of achievement) as in success of "hand eye coordination" and all that the personal application of this mastery requires in order to become fluid and professional. The result is to create a personal style, that you are developing and are already far ahead with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Greta! Your comments are always so encouraging and kind!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...