Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fashion Croquis Inspirations



Little Missy


As you probably already know, I work in fashion. By day I am a technical apparel designer, and by night I am an image consultant. As a technical designer, most of my sketching is done in Adobe Illustrator as flat sketches with construction call-outs, but I love to paint. I won't deny it, I am always looking to see what other artists are doing. That's why I love searching through things on Polyvore.com. The website has a simplistic editing program which I use for my blog post images, however there are some very talented digital artists who create elaborate collages like the ones I've included here. These are works by several artists featuring pieces by other artists. I find them to be very inspiring as fashion croquis sketches. Look at the proportions, colors and varying details. The first and last sketches are my favorites.You'll notice often that the clothing is the most detailed portion of the sketching. This is perfect for fashion croquis because it draws the eye to the clothing, naturally, in the same way that the focus of a photograph draws your eye to the subject that is in focus.

Do you sketch? Who are your favorite fashion illustrators? Share your best links! Are you an artist or do you know an artist that should be featured? Please, contact me.
Twitter: @selenamarie318  
or LinkedIn Connect with a message: linkedin.com/in/selenamarienorris
Or reply in the comment section below!
And please don't forget to subscribe or follow by email! There's a spot in the side bar! ------->

XOXO,

SELENA MARIE


2 comments:

  1. These fashion illustration are pretty, I especially like the more advanced design work of Majathebee. Majathebee is more artistic than some of the other works that are more stylized, and a bit less fashion design oriented, but the mood if right. We have to be careful not to fall in a too stylized expression, that takes away from the life of the drawing , which Majathebee avoids. She should give a touch more attention to presentatiion of the clothing, emphasize the focus on the clothing in a closeup perhaps . A great selection of all five artists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Something to keep in mind is that these images were created on Polyvore which sets up a sort of collage effect. The unfortunate things is that the collage artists are not themselves the artists who did the hand- rendering. You would need to click through to the Polyvore page to see the original link to the image pieces. However, I do so love the collages themselves and they are exemplary in their own ways!

      Thanks again Greta, your support is so dear to me!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...