Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Farmer & The Markets: Test Shots & Photoshoot Planning

Disclaimer: I "Gimped" out a sun flare that looked like a camera speck. That's it! The rest are completely un-edited! No judgement against editing programs. I love them. Just wanted to share some simplicity!
This weekend was super busy for me. I feel like I never have enough time to do everything I want to do. I have a few self-portraits on the back burner because I haven't even had time to edit them (not even just put my signature on them!). But I promised myself I would try to post more often, and I promised some great people I would post these photos. These were all taken on my Galaxy SII phone, with minimal or NO EDITING (do you count adding my name?) to all but one photo.


Last week I got to leave work early Wednesday night since Thanksgiving was the next day, and also because I have the best bosses ever (no joke, they don't even read this blog and I promise I am NOT sucking up! My boss Mavis is AMAZING). Best boss ever. I rushed to take some test shots during the golden hour (the hour before dusk when everything is lit up the most beautifully).



  Some people call it the magic hour, because the color shifts to a golden cast and the shadows are long and appealing, and it is the most beautiful time of day. It's a good time for photos and yoga too, apparently!




Sunday I had a meeting with Farmer & The Markets. I joked with them that they are "local-famous" here in in Northwest Arkansas. It is true. They are pretty well-known! Farmer & The Markets are a really talented  group of young collegians and their music is fun and uplifting with a ukulele, xylophone (yeah, I know- every kid's favorite X-word!), accordion, tambourine, and a whole host of other cool, unique and potentially hard to pronounce portable instruments. ;)



 I'll be doing a photo shoot with them this weekend. I was a little nervous to meet them because I am actually quite shy about meeting new people in real life, but we hit it off and they are super excited and I am super-duper excited so I can't wait to see what happens and how our shoot turns out! I will keep you updated. In the mean time, enjoy these photos.


Just so you can see- it is possible to get varying levels of focus and depth with a camera phone!
 I have a lot of work do this week to prep for the shoot. I'm going low-tech and building a GIANT reflector for a sunset shot. I am working on a really cool prop idea so there's that to look forward to, and yeah! I'm pretty stoked and praying for good photo weather! Cross your fingers, say a prayer, or do whatever you do for good luck, and send it our way, pretty please!


If you like posts like these, please help a girl out and comment below. I appreciate your encouragement! :) It helps me to know what you like so I can post more if it in the future. <3

Got any budget-friendly tips or ideas for outdoor photo shooting/lighting?

 Send me your links to your golden hour photos/paintings/etc. for features in future posts? I link back!

Twitter: @selenamarie318  
or LinkedIn Connect with a message: linkedin.com/in/selenamarienorris
Or reply in the comment section below!
And please don't forget to subscribe or follow by email! There's a spot in the side bar! ------->

XOXO,

SELENA MARIE

P.S. If you didn't get the hint earlier, go check out Farmer & The Market's Facebook page. If you are a NW AR local, go see one of their shows! I highly recommend it -very worthwhile!


3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE these pictures!! Nature at it's finest. What type of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! I normally use a Pentax K1000 35mm but I was just doing test shots with my phone, a Galaxy S 2 and I was shockingly pleased with the quality. of image it was producing. Technology is amazing! I love the ease and quick access of digital. but I prefer darkroom developing whenever possible.

      As for 1 hour photo, Costco has the best, most accurate photo processing that I have tried if you can't get darkroom access.

      What camera gear do you use?

      Delete
    2. Please excuse my typos! I am replying from mobile.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...