Search This Blog

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Flare Magazine Even Photoshops Perfect Jennifer Lawrence To Look Skinnier



[Sophspriation via Jezebel]

What is wrong with this industry when fashion magazines will Photoshop someone who is already breathtakingly beautiful and make them skinnier? 

I can understand a little bit of make-up enhancement to compensate for lighting concerns. I can even dismiss the removal of a few blemishes. But look at this GIF and tell me, why? They moved her bones around! When will this stop?

How can we teach young girls to embrace and love themselves if we perpetuate these entirely unrealistic body images?



What will it take? How long will this go on before someone will take a stand?


Twitter: @selenamarie318  
or LinkedIn Connect with a message: linkedin.com/in/selenamarienorris
Or reply in the comment section below!
And please don't forget to subscribe or follow by email! There's a spot in the side bar! ------->

XOXO,

SELENA MARIE

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this article. It outrages me as well. I actually have a huge problem with my body image and I believe it's because of things like this. I always think of how beautiful models and anyone in the magazines are and that guys think these are the "ultimate woman" and wish I could be like that. Unfortunately, this ends up putting un-needed stress and depression on my shoulders. Although I can see this happening and realize it, it doesn't stop me from feeling the way I do when I look in the mirror. I also understand the minor fixes they do but other than that and in general, it's got to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Test comment...j/k
    Attempting this again...
    My first art piece was on this very topic. Even knowing what I do, I find myself wishing to be the perfect woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The post is written in very a good manner and it contains many useful information for me. Skjerf

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...