Search This Blog

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Snow in March - Let It Go....

Amidst the crazy weather we've been having here in Arkansas (Snow in March?!?!), I've been working my butt off and finally deadline time is over so I'm back to the blog. This weekend I am taking a little break to enjoy life. As things are finally melting outside, I've settled into the coziness of my couch to watch the ice- this time not outside my window, but on my TV Youtube App.

Disney Style : Elsa

I am sure you all have been following the huge trend of the Disney movie, Frozen. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I've heard good things about it. And I'm loving the fashion influences!

Elsa - Formal - Disney's Frozen



 Apart from the obvious style inspiration, I like the fact that Disney made a movie that is primarily about family, with a strong female lead, and not a love story with a princess waiting for a man to save her. We need more movies like this especially for young girls.



 I wouldn't be surprised if you have already seen this clip- an Africanized cover of "Let It Go," but I had to share it because I just think the whole video is so beautiful and the treatment of the song is stunning. I have literally watched this video over and over again. It is that good!



I have also really been loving this mash-up of Let It Go and Let Her Go by Sam Tsui.




I absolutely love this mash-up! I think I like it even better than either song separately.

Enjoy!



What do you think of these covers? Do you like any of these better than the original? Did you see the movie? What did you think of it? 

Please leave your thoughts in the comment box below.

 If you know anyone else who covered of this song, please feel free to leave a link!

Related content:

I must have a thing for videos shot in the snow. Back in November I did a shot by shot screen capture of Katy Perry's Unconditional video, which was equally as magical and breathtaking! You can check that out here.

Twitter: @selenamarie318  
or LinkedIn Connect with a message: linkedin.com/in/selenamarienorris
Or reply in the comment section below!
And please don't forget to subscribe or follow by email! There's a spot in the side bar! ------->

XOXO,

SELENA MARIE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...